CM4 Industrial is a computer specially designed for Industrial Control application based on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4
ED-CM4INDUSTRIAL REV1.0 is an industrial embedded computer based on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. The system can be configured by 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB RAM and 8GB/16GB/32GB EMMC according to different applications, supporting SD card startup.
It provides a variety of industrial communication interfaces and functions, such as RS232, RS485, high-precision ADC, isolated IO input, relay control, real-time clock of battery backup and alarm buzzer. Besides, 1x Ethernet interface with POE function, 1x 10/100M port, 4G/LTE module, external antenna support, certified 2.4/5.8G dual-band WIFI and Bluetooth are also provided. Moreover, ED-CM4INDUSTRIAL supports official 1x 8-megapixel camera, 1x DSI display port and 1x HDMI cable port.
Other features of ED-CM4INDUSTRIAL are also worth mentioning, for example, onboard 32Mb serial Flash is used to store system data, power supply is available in a wide range of 12~18V, and ESD protection is provided for all important interfaces.
The users can add more functions on the board through PCI-e 1x Gen2 interface, the standard 40 pins connector, 2x 4-pin USB interface for internal expansion, 1x TTL electric level RS232 interface, etc. to fully utilize its powerful communication capability to satisfy all kinds of requirement in CM4 Industrial.
- Broadcom BCM2711 4 and Cortex A72 1.5GHz (ARM v8) 64-bit CPU
- Supports H.265 (HEVC) (up to 4Kp60 decoding) and H.264 (up to 1080p60 decoding, 1080p30 encoding)
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- Storage 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (optional)
- Lite 0GB/8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC (optional)
Industrial control interface and functions:
- 2 x RS485
- 1 x RS232
- 1 x RS232(TTL)
- 3 x 12 bits ADC
- 2 x isolated IO
- 1 x non-isolated IO
- 1 x SPDT Relay
- 1 x adjustable speed fan control
- 1 x RTC with backup battery
- 1 x LED for power indication
- 1 x LED for system working status indication
- 1 x system reset button
- 1 x user custom button
- 1 x buzzer
Camera and Display:
- 1 x CSI supports the standard official Raspberry Pi 5M&8M camera module
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x DSI supports Raspberry Pi official display
- 1 x FPC wired HDMI supports capacitive touch and resistive touch display
- 1 x 10/100M/1000 Ethernet (with official PoE HAT) supports POE power supply
- 1 x 10/100M Ethernet
- 2 x USB2.0
- 1 x Micro USB Slave（system programming）
- 1 x 2.4G/5.8G WiFi compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac Standard
- 1 x Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
- WiFi/BLE external antenna and PCB antenna (optional)
- Supports 4G /LTE Module (optional)
- 1 x microSD card slot
- On Board 32Mb serial Flash
- PCIe 1x Gen2 Mini-PCIe interface
- 2 x USB 4pins DIP connector
- 1 x RS232 4pins DIP connector
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Standard 40pins connector
- 12~18V DC voltage range input, Phenix terminal connector (optional)
- 130 mm(L) x 115 mm(W) x 20mm(H)
- Raspberry Pi Raspbian OS
1. Q: What is the difference between V1.0 and V1.1?
A: We found the below bugs on V1.0, those bugs are fixed on V1.1, for the customers who don’t use the below functions, all of other functions and performance are same.
- DSI Interface doesn’t properly display
- Silk screen errors on the case
2. Q: What is the operation temperature of CM4 Industrial?
A: The system has been tested at 0~50°C environment, the design uses the metal case to dissipate the heat of CPU, Wireless Module and PMU, the case can offer excellent cooling performance, no need for an additional fan or heatsink.
If you need wider operation temperature, please wait for our industrial version, it will be ready very soon.
Hardware Manual of CM4 Industrial 2020-9-29 3,048KB
Software Manual of CM4 Industrial 2021-4-11 2,057KB
Drawing of PCB Board 2021-4-11 100KB